Great question! There are a number of things you can do to help make our service as effective as possible.
Outside your home:
- Seal any cracks and crevices.
- Replace any loose or missing weather stripping around doors.
- Clean out all gutters or drains.
- Store any firewood at least 10-20 feet away from your home.
- Keep shrubbery and foliage trimmed back so that they do not come in contact with your home or deck.
- Store items in plastic or metal containers, never cardboard, and off the floor if possible.
Inside your home:
- Reduce the amount of clutter.
- Reduce the amount of moisture in home.
- Repair any leaky pipes.
- Inspect any holiday decorations that you bring inside from outdoors or in storage.
- Travelling for the holidays? Make sure to let us know if you see any signs of bed bug activity when you return home.
- Inspect and clean areas around the home that are not commonly used, such as attics, basements, storage areas, and closets.